Over mij

Mijn foto
My name is Sabrina Carty and I'm a 19 year old Communication and Media student. I am currently studying abroad in the Netherlands. I was born and raised on the island of St. Maarten and at the age of 18 moved to the Hague to get an higher education. It has so far been a wonderful and cultural experience especially since I have come to meet so many international people as well.

zondag 13 oktober 2013

The opportunity to go to Paris

What is the best thing about studying in Europe? Hands down, the opportunity to do in-continental traveling. Yesterday, a group of friends and I, left on a journey, took a 7 hour long bus ride to Paris. Although the traveling itself was incredibly tiring and we were walking around in Paris on 4 hours of sleep, it was an incredible experience. It was the first time I have ever been and I was taken away by Paris liveliness and architecture.

To be able to go on these little trips will still experiencing my giant trip in the Netherlands is for me, one of the many benefits of studying in Europe. You'll be able to cheaply travel in between countries with bus rides, train rides or even charter flights.

On St. Maarten, you could visit other islands, which I didn't do regularly. But this was on a whole other level. Next time I go I would like to go longer than one day because obviously there is no way you can take in a country or a culture in one day.

Taking the step to study abroad is already quite a big one, in regards to traveling, therefore you sort of have the confidence and motivation to take these opportunities to go on this mini-trips and I think it compliments the whole experience well, to not only get to know the country you are residing in, but it's neighbor countries and the region, if you are able to do so of course. Which i highly recommend you do, because, in my case, I won't alway have the time to travel.














Here are some of the many pictures of our Paris trip, we came along many proposals and weddings, giving of the true feeling of Paris, City of love!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten