Over mij

Mijn foto
My name is Sabrina Carty and I'm a 19 year old Communication and Media student. I am currently studying abroad in the Netherlands. I was born and raised on the island of St. Maarten and at the age of 18 moved to the Hague to get an higher education. It has so far been a wonderful and cultural experience especially since I have come to meet so many international people as well.

zaterdag 5 oktober 2013

Bikers, Bikers everywhere!

Bikers, bikers everywhere in the center of the Hague!
Biking is very popular way to get around in the Netherlands, seriously if you don’t have a bike or god forbid you don’t know how to ride one you’re going get some big reactions. What is considered as a mere hobby on my island (there is no way you can get from point A to point B with a bike on St. Maarten due to the gazillion hills we have) is seen as transportation for the Dutch.
When I told my Dutch classmates of my bike rides around the neighborhood just for fun, they could not hold back their smiles asking me: “So you don’t go anywhere?” and “You just bike around?”. Sounded pretty ridiculous too now that I was seeing it from their perspective.
Culture, making a certain activity two completely different things.
Ask  questions, or even share some of your stories or pictures of your own experience studying abroad/ visiting a foreign country :)!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten