Over mij

Mijn foto
My name is Sabrina Carty and I'm a 19 year old Communication and Media student. I am currently studying abroad in the Netherlands. I was born and raised on the island of St. Maarten and at the age of 18 moved to the Hague to get an higher education. It has so far been a wonderful and cultural experience especially since I have come to meet so many international people as well.

zondag 6 oktober 2013

Big shot, Big Campus!

Here in the Netherlands I attend Erasmus University, which at first seemed completely different than I was use to. Not only were the people and professors I met at campus a new experience but the campus itself, which is really really huge. 10 story buildings all around the campus gave a entirely different feeling of "school", one that i wasn't entirely used to. But that definitely intrigued me. Everything what we students on the island (St. Maarten) knew about what "universities" or "colleges" looked like, came from television or the internet so we sort of knew what to expect but it's a completely different feeling when seeing it in person.

This is a picture i took of a building on campus, it's funny to know that I haven't been in half of the buildings on my campus.

Just to give you a preview of my high school back home i found some pictures online.
(Pictures source: AOB architects: http://www.aobarchitects.com/miltoncollege.htm)


Buildings were nowhere nearly as tall and colors like neon green and blue seemed very appropriate. 


My high school, Milton Peters College, is the biggest school on the island with a rough average of 1000 students. From going to a class of 10 students to a class of 100+ was defiantly the weirdest for me. Making classes seem somewhat impersonal and difficult to even remember all the names of your classmates.

But that's what I love about studying abroad, it is experiencing these different situations and scenes and getting out of your comfort zone. 

Ask or share some of your stories & pictures of your experience studying abroad/ visiting a foreign country :)!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten